Saturday, July 25, 2015

2015 Feb 10 - Clearfield, UT

IS EVERYBODY HAPPY?

Well, I sure am! My companion and I are learning how to see eye to eye now, and he is finally listening! YAY!
Well, first off, I'd like to start this letter with a shout out to my awesome mom, she sent a care package and my companion was jealous, until Elder Patten realized that my mom is awesome, and she packed enough for him too, he especially liked the day that had Reeses because I told him that they were all his! XD (for those who don't know, I don't like Reeses) but it was awesome, because I didn't get it until the 9th, so I got a giant influx of candy that day. THANKS MOM!
Also, concerning that, my mailman also took a picture of me with my Christmas Package, my Greenie Package, and my Valentine's day Package, with my companion barely poking his head over the stack of boxes. I hope you got that picture, Mom!

Now, for the News. On Wednesday, I went on Exchanges with my district Leader, that means that for twenty-four hours I was companion to the district leader, and my companion went with the district Leaders companion. (well, I hope that that sentence wasn't confusing... :/ )
"Elder Abuyog" taught me a song, and we sung it. The song was "Hold My Hand" by Akon and Michael Jackson. Neither of us sang very well, but we still had fun! :D

Apparently, the fact that my companion and I were having troubles, was spreading to all other areas, and so we had Companion inventory on Thursday in the evening, and then a Companion inventory that night with the District Leader and His companion, just so we could get an outside view on everything.
The Next night, we had another Companion Inventory, but this time with the awesome Zone Leaders.

That's what my week has been, just talking out problems and teaching Elder Patten how to get along with me, and trying to improve enough to be as awesome as I wanna be.

This week's spiritual thought is about hope.

Preach my Gospel says:
Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance. It is believing and expecting that something will occur. When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps you conquer discouragement. The scriptures often describe hope in Jesus Christ as the assurance that you will inherit eternal life in the celestial kingdom.

President James E. Faust taught:
"Hope is the anchor of our souls. Hope is trust in God’s promises, faith that if we act now, the desired blessings will be fulfilled in the future. The unfailing source of our hope is that we are sons and daughters of God and that His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, saved us from death” (“Hope, an Anchor of the Soul,” Ensign, Nov. 1999, 59–60).

We all need hope to get through these later days, they are getting bleaker and darker everyday. And inmost places, voices say that there is no hope, but I say that there is always hope. I am a representative of Jesus Christ, and I (as a missionary) promise that there is great hope in the Gospel, and there is always hope for a bright future. One where we are married to the perfect person for us (most of the people on this list have already found that person), a future where we can all be happy and praise our father in heaven for all the gift that he has given us, and he has given us many.

I'd now like to switch gears and give you some homework that has to do with Hope. Watch Elder Jeffery R. Holland's talk "Like a Broken Vessel" and know that "Hope is never lost".
                                                                  -Jeffery R. Holland

Until next time, BYE-BYE! ["I Hope they call me on a mission" plays as Elder Padilla finishes off another Spiritual thought]

Sent from Clearfield
#########################################
Chris Padilla
Elder, I sure am glad you guys are figuring it out.  This is so important because you may find yourself married to someone and have issues.  You'd be unable to throw in the towel but, by working at it you can both "be happy".  Your mom and I have had to do this many times.

Thanks for the testimony and spiritual thought.

Love, dad

No comments:

Post a Comment