Saturday, July 25, 2015

2015 Jun 1 - Preston South Stake, Idaho

To My Family

   Tomorrow is my B-day! :D
   Happy birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy birthday, Elder Padilla! :D
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! ... Almost! :3
   Well, how are you all doing today? Are you having a good time? Tell me about what I'm missing! :)
I am doing okay, but man... I miss home, but I'll make it through with all the prayers that are being said for me. :)



I keep learning all this stuff in the mission, and then forgetting exactly what I wanted to share with you when I start writing my letters. But here is something I found in my studies the other day:

In this scripture, Jesus is talking t the Pharisees.

Matthew 21:42, 44
 
 42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejectedthe same is becomthe head of the cornerthis is the Lord’s doing,and it is marvellous in our eyes?
 44 And whosoever shall fall othis stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fallit will grind him to powder.
This is talking about Jesus and those who fight against him. The Rejected Rock is Jesus Christ and truly, he became the Corner Stone of our church and still remains to this day. Those who appose God are broken, or in other words, they cannot win their fight. But those who Bring the wrath of God upon them bring a worse condemnation on themselves. "Grind him to Powder" is a nice visual of how pleasant it would be to Fight God angry at you.
I know that God is powerful and I know that he loves us. I wish that the people here would listen to God, but I know that I cannot force them to choose righteously. That plan was rejected before the world was. But I can invite them to do good, to coax them away from the fate that awaits those who do not respect God...
This spiritual thought is more to say, please help the missionaries find people to teach. Everyone needs to come to Christ, and the missionaries are few, and they need help finding everyone who they could teach. So, I ask you all to find someone for the missionaries to teach, or at least pray to find someone. Thank you.

#######################################
Chris Padilla
Ok, I'll get you one.  I love you!!!!  I can see in your letters that you are getting good at explaining points of the gospel.  It sure is wonderful to see.  In your letters don't forget about the people, those that are touching your heart and those whose lives you touch.

Ammon and I are home teaching companions , we're teaching this lady (Cheri Lynn Hall) who has a bunch of health issues.  But, is also a very blessed woman (in some ways).  When she was just a member of 1 year she petitioned her Bishop and Stake President to enter the Temple, which was granted.  When she entered the temple she saw three spirits in there that were part of her family.  Two of them were together and the last one was a 5 year old child but wasn't standing with the other two.  This led her on a genealogical mission to find out who she was and why she wasn't part of the other two, those being a grandmother and cousin.  She found out that the little girl had passed away years before Cheri was born and they almost forgot about her because they never talked about her.
Cheri is blessed that way but, she is also sad because she never has had the opportunity to marry and be sealed with a man in the temple.  Albeit, she has been married three times, one of those being to a returned missionary.  She was very sad when I asked her about her three kids being sealed to her.  I told her that I knew the Lord would make it right for her.

Well Shaddy booboo, oops Elder Padilla.  We love you and have a super birthday.  Oh by the way, I'm putting 20 into your account so you can have a nice meal on mom and I.

Love dad
#######################################

No comments:

Post a Comment