Saturday, July 25, 2015

2015 Feb 24 - Clearfield, UT

Greetings
from Slightly-colder-than-I'm-used-to Idaho!
   This week I've been waiting to tell you the good news! I've been transferred! I finally got away from my last companion and made it to an area where everyone's pretty normal! :) I now don't have to be so worried about offending everyone, and I don't have to deal with crazy companion number one! :D
   My schedule is way more busy now, so I'm just a little less home sick! :D
  I miss all of you! And I have so many things that I've learned!
    I start my first week here just settling in, and waiting a long time for the Spanish Elders to give my companion his watch. XD It continued with visits and more visits, and bed time.
   It's been great, but as I type this, I'm very, very tired, so I won't even try to make a good E-mail.
I'll just leave you with a simple spiritual thought. It's the end of President Uchtdorf's talk.
   "And to all who suffer--to all who feel discouraged, worried, or lonely--I say with love and deep concern for you, never give in.
   Never surrender.
   Never allow despair to overcome your spirit.
   Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Isreal, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart.
   Of this I testify and leave you my blessing in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

   I'd like to add my testimony that things always get better, and no matter what we'll come out the other end of the dark tunnel, and because of the dark we endure, we'll better appreciate the light that comes after. I say these things in the name of Christ. Amen.
##################################
Edward Padilla <Padilla_EC@hotmail.com> wrote:
Shad, I mean Elder Padilla,
Thanks for the inspirational quote from Uchtdorf.  Sounds like life has become easier for you.

Keep on the good path.
##################################








"Stephanie Padilla" <skunkysteph@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Elder Padilla,
That is so true!  Never give up.  In the Army, that is one of the Warrior's Ethos, "I will Never Quit!"  It's amazing at the challenges that we have in this life.  I once heard a story that said something like our challenges in our life is like a rock, rough and sharp.  Then as we go through those challenges, it's like we through that rock off a cliff and it hits other rocks and dirt and the side of the cliff.  By the time it gets done with all of the hits, we are left with a smooth, shiny stone that is beautiful.  That's what I try to remember in this life.  :)  Keep your head up.
Love,
Auntie Steph
 ##################################
Barbara Valdez <barbaravaldez47@gmail.com> wrote:
I remember that analogy,  Steph.  It's true.  I'm still a rock sliding down the hill. 
:)

##################################

Francisco Padilla <youngguns3@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is the exact quote that analogy comes from.

“I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain; and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else, striking with accelerated force against religious bigotry, priestcraft, lawyer-craft, doctor-craft, lying editors, suborned judges and jurors, and the authority of perjured executives, backed by mobs, blasphemers, licentious and corrupt men and women—all hell knocking off a corner here and a corner there. Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty, who will give me dominion over all and every one of them, when their refuge of lies shall fail, and their hiding place shall be destroyed, while these smooth-polished stones with which I come in contact become marred.” - Joseph Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment