Saturday, July 25, 2015

2015 Jul 2 - Logan, UT

Super late message
   Well, I got transferred to Logan Stake and I've never been so bored
in my life!
    My companion is a hard companion, but we're getting better and
better as we go. By the end, I assume that we'll be working together
very well! :) and then He'll be transferred. D:
   I hope all of you are doing well! :3 And I really hope that you
guys never stop praying for me, because I really notice when you pray
for me! :) You may think that it doesn't make a big difference, but I
can tell when you guys pray, and I love it! :)
   Today's scripture is about... I don't know... I kind of ramble. :/

  For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the
Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light
unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their
language, unto their understanding. (2 Nephi 31:3)

   Some missionaries try to make sense of the Gospel, or soften it,
for instance, they call Spirit prison "Summer School" when teaching
children, so that they don't freak out about going to prison, but they
distance themselves from the truth when they add stuff like that.
   Some Elders try to make sense of the Gospel so that the
non-spiritually inclined can under stand, but what they sometimes miss
is that God didn't give us the Word of Wisdom because it only harms
our bodies. The bodies will fall away, and decay, but our spirits are
what matter!

   Wherefore, verily I say unto you that all things unto me are
spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was
temporal; neither any man, nor the children of men; neither Adam, your
father, whom I created. (D&C 29:34)

   The reason for the Word of Wisdom was being everything on the list
of no-no's is addicting! There is no bigger fight than telling someone
to give up their Coffee or Sweet Southern Black Tea. God gave us
agency, and when anything interferes or takes away our agency, that
thing is instantly doing Satan's will by taking our agency away. Just
like how Satan wanted to take away our agency in the Pre-Mortal
existence.

   Anything that someone would like to add?

P.S. When is "T" going home?

No comments:

Post a Comment