Saturday, July 25, 2015

2015 Jul 3 - From President Warren

Greetings

Elder Padilla,
I am so appreciative of the fine missionary you have become.   I am grateful that you are representing the Lord Jesus Christ so well as you teach the Gospel every day.  I know that missionary work is not always easy, but it is worth it when you see an investigator pray for the first time or you see a family enter the waters of baptism.

When I look back upon my mission days, I am grateful that the Lord teaches us and shapes us into becoming people far better than we ever thought possible.  It is amazing all the opportunities to learn the gospel and to bless the lives of so many people eternally.  I don't know if you are aware of this, but I am a product of missionaries teaching me the gospel.  They taught me the lessons as they should have and they taught me how to pray.  When I got an answer the church was true, I learned for the first time in my life the prayer is two way communication between God and man.  I had never considered such a concept, but what a blessing it was for me to learn this.  It has eternally changed the rest of my life as I have relearned this lesson again and again in every aspect of my life--whether or not to serve a full-time mission, who I should marry, how I should act in my many church callings, tough career choices, and many more.

Please know that we as a family pray for your success.  Our stake presidency prays for you as well and look forward to your continued successes.
Sincerely,
President Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment