Saturday, July 25, 2015

2015 Mar 17 - Preston South Stake, Idaho

the Mail of life in the mission field that I am now in because I accepted the calling to go for two years and preach the word to those who have not yet heard it.

Well, I'm back! and I really want to say thanks for the ideas. To clarify, I am not on vacation, I only get to hike, build fires, and skateboard once a week, and never all of those options at once! Even Sunday is busy! I am so tired, I fall asleep in half of my lessons! (I'm still working on that, but it is a step up from what I've been doing! Naps are definitely the best!

Anyways! I am currently helping about three people progress toward baptism, and Satan certainly does not want these people to be baptized! There has been many bumps in the road to get them where they are now! But We will get them into the waters of Baptism and get some good old-fashioned Salvation on their plates for them to eat up!
I am in Preston South, I wish I had my address to give to you guys, but I'll get it to you after April 1st, that's the next transfer day, so, I will send my new address after that day.
I'm a little homesick out here, so if you have anything that you think could help me be a little less homesick, that would be awesome!
I've been tagging my scriptures in my Gospel Library, for instance I have a tag named "Jesus is a boss". It contains times where Jesus either laid down some smack talk, preformed a miracle, or was straight up awesome. Here's an example:
 28 ¶But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
 29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
 30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
 31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
 32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.
Oh dang! Jesus can really talk smack when he needs to! This is impressive also because he boldly states that even the worst of us can become the best of us! That no matter what we do, we can always change, even those who were selling themselves to pay wages were forgiven and now dwell with God. Even the Publicans, who were essentially corrupt Tax collectors that stole from people using their position to intimidate them into giving more than what was required by law. Even the most corrupt of people believed and were baptized, they changed their ways and followed Christ. If someone like that, who has no desire for good, can  change and believe. What difference is there in us that we can not change?
I know that we can change, or rather, repent, and become more like Jesus. I know that as we read, pray and go to church, we can become more and more pure before the Lord and that we can go back and live with Him again. In the name of The Lord Christ, Amen.
##########################################
Chris Padilla
Ok Elder Padilla.  I love you and I'm able to forgive...  So, here goes.

How to overcome homesickness:
First: lose yourself in the work.  Think about how much you are going to miss living the life of a missionary once you get off your mission.  It's actually sad to see missionaries leave that know this time is over and now they're going to have to start living life.  You have this wonderful opportunity to live for the Lord and serve him without having to worry about getting a job or proving for yourself.  Once you get off your mission you will be expected to figure out who and what you'll be.  It's a little scary for some, hopefully not you.  Maybe you can start looking at people a little bit and think I, that guy's job is the kind of thing I'd love to do when I get home.

Second: don't think about video games and fun like that.  I remember Elder Simpson told you not to play video games because it would make it harder for you later on.  You didn't think his words had too much merit at the time.  I'm. It sure if you think about video games but, I was thinking that you might a little bit because of the video games you bought T.  You'll have to tell me.

Third: love it.  Love the mission, love the people, love your companion, love the investigators, love the members, love the Bishop of your ward.  Once you start experiencing and increased love for where you're at, you stop think about the place you loved being.

I love you and am grateful to have a worthy son like you!!!  

Love, your old man.
##########################################
Elder Padilla
I know that my mission's going to be short. It's already going too fast. I do love being out here and I love my mission. I'm trying to love my companions. And, because I'm up in Idaho, I'm only seeing jobs that I don't want to do. XD People raising cows, people who are farmers, and people who work at Pepperidge Farms.
The video games aren't a problem, I bought those video games because it was an amazing deal that I'd never see again, and they're good ones too. I bought them for after my mission, but I don't want to lug them around for that long, so they're going to be Teancum's when he gets off his mission.
I will definitely continue loving my mission, and the way I'm dealing with my homesickness is when I think of home, instead of getting sad, I get motivated and I get happier that I'm out on a mission and that I'm becoming better for them. I'm glad that I still miss my family and friends, it means that I love them and that I'll have something after my mission and won't have to cry like other missionaries do at the end of their missions. (Some missionaries do that apparently)
I will start paying more attention though, to see what jobs I'd like, though. Asking people about themselves and such. I will, and already do, love my mission. I loved my mission even with my last companion who just lectured me the whole time.
I'll work my hardest and come back better for it. I won't waste this time that I've been given, and I'll keep track of how much time I have left, so that I keep working harder as it comes to a close.
And, to answer your question, I've thought about those games once after I bought them, I was looking through the drawer where I put them and remembered that I'd bought them. XD I forgot that fast!
I hope that you're having a great time at home, and I hope everybody's doing really well.
(I almost closed in the name of Jesus Christ. XD) Have a nice day! Bye-bye!
##########################################

No comments:

Post a Comment